Episode 117 – Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo launched ONE Extraordinary Marriage to fill a need in their marriage. They offer a podcast, coaching, print and ebooks, audio and video courses, sharable quotes, and more.
- Tony and Alisa launched ONE Extraordinary Marriage to fill a need in their marriage when they could not find the resources they needed. They started a blog but discovered they didn’t like writing that much. Soon they discovered podcasts and the rest is history. They launched in January 2010 and recently recorded episode 400! Their main product is the podcast but they offer lots of other products: coaching, print and ebooks, audio and video courses, sharable quotes, and more. Their goal is to impact one marriage. They ask themselves everyday, “Where’s the one marriage that we’re going to impact today.” It’s simple and effective.
- Nonfiction books, podcast, ebooks, blog, audio and video courses, coaching, reports, sharable quotes, and more.
- Called to Love: Experiencing Your Best Marriage Through the Words of Jesus
- Stripped Down: 13 Keys to Unlocking Intimacy in Your Marriage
- 7 Days of Sex Challenge: How to Rock Your Sex Life and Your Marriage
- Connect Like You Did When You First Met: 101 Proven Questions for Couples
- The Trust Factor: How To Rebuild Trust In Your Marriage
- Healthy, Happy, & Hot!: A 30-Day Blueprint to Take Back Your Health and Enjoy a Sexy Body No Matter How Busy You Are
- It’s been the same since we started. To change one marriage. To impact one marriage. We ask ourselves everyday, “Where’s the one marriage that we’re going to impact today.” It’s simple.
- Most writers know what they want to write. They have a purpose and a vision. Back when we started we didn’t have that so writing was hard. Now we can do that.
- From the start we decided to be open, honest, and transparent. We didn’t want couples to feel alone in their marriages like we had.
On Our Reach
- We reach more people through our podcast than our writing. After eight years, we receive over 200,000 downloads each month. The books become reinforcements to what people were talking about, We built the resources that came out of the needs from the podcast. They compliment each other.
How We Set Ourselves Apart from Other Marriage Shows
- We share our lives each week. Our show is Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo, a couple who lives in San Diego, with two kids, businesses, family and friends. Each week we share the high and low times. The show is us sharing everyday life.
My Most Difficult Writing Challenge
- We have everything so structured that we don’t have many challenges. Occasionally though we ask ourselves what are we going to talk about this week. For writing, it’s always do we have enough to share and what’s our outline.
My Most Rewarding Moment as an Author
- Alisa – It’s getting the email from listeners describing how their lives have been changed. It’s getting the picture of a couple on a beach renewing their wedding vows – after almost getting divorced. It’s the stories of lives changed because they found our podcast.
- Tony – It’s about building relationships. It’s seeing the change that’s happening in their life.
Tony and Alisa’s Tip to Hitting Your Writing Goals
- Get up really early and find your local coffee shop, Throw in your ear buds, stay focused, and write.
How To Find Tony & Alisa
- The ONE Extraordinary Marriage website
- The ONE Extraordinary Marriage on Facebook
- The ONE Extraordinary Marriage on Twitter
- The ONE Extraordinary Marriage on Instagram
- The Position of the Month Club
About Tony and Alisa from their Amazon Author’s page
- Tony and Alisa DiLorenzo are the authors of many books: Called to Love, Stripped Down: 13 Keys to Unlocking Intimacy in Your Marriage, 7 Days of Sex Challenge, and Healthy, Happy, & Hot! Tony and Alisa are podcasters, speakers, and the founders of ONE Extraordinary Marriage. They have helped 1000’s of couples reignite their sexual flame, achieve romance, passion, and communication in their marriage.
From My Perspective
- In the show’s From My Perspective segment talks about “What else could should this be?” As you look at your writing, consider everything else it can be: courses, ebooks, coaching, podcast, booklets, audio and video, and more.
We’d Love to Hear Your Comments or Questions on this Podcast
We invite you to send us a comment or question on this episode. Please use the comment form at the bottom of this blog post to send us a message. Thank you.
Got a Minute? Rate the Podcast.
We hope this episode has inspired you and helped to ignite your writing. That’s our goal. If you have been helped by this interview, could you share your experience?
The best way to do that is to leave a rating and review at iTunes. You can also leave a rating and review in Stitcher. A one or two sentence review, along with a rating, will help others find the Writers & Authors on Fire podcast more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience. Your rating and review helps promote the podcast to new listeners, writers, and authors as they search for new podcasts to experience. Honest reviews are appreciated. Thank you for your support.
Want More of Writers & Authors on Fire?
A new Writers & Authors on Fire episode will be released every Tuesday morning. As our audience grows and we do more interviews, we hope to release two new episodes a week. That’s a great reason to subscribe now. You can subscribe at iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast directory:
Because disclosures are necessary, each book link uses my Amazon affiliate code so I earn a small commission on whatever you purchase after clicking on the link. This helps fund the website and podcast. Thank you for your support.