Episode 124 – Ammar Habib, at age 24, has authored nine books with many more in the works. His Dark Guardian series includes novels and short stories.
- Ammar Habib, at age 24, has authored nine books with many more in the works. He’s a well-grounded young man who has a strong future as an author in many genres. Ammar grew up making up stories from action figures at home. Even now, as a young man, he has lots of stories to tell. He wrote all through school. Hs first book was rejected by agents and publisher about 300 times. He wrote the Dark Guardian series and it now has four novels and four short stories. In the interview we talk about the Dark Guardian series, and his upcoming novels, his writing processes, promoting his books, and how he plans his writing projects. Ammar is a well-grounded young man who has a strong future as an author.
- Genre – Fiction (action hero, historical, crime thriller, young adult, and more)
- Dark Guardian, Book 1, Dark Guardian: A New Dawn, Book 2; Dark Guardian: Legends, Book 3, four Dark Guardian short stories
- Crossroads: A Story of Hope and Love
- Memories Of My Future
My Writing Obstacles
- Getting your name out there is a huge obstacle.
My Writing Motivation
- I have so many stories inside of me I just want to get them out.
Lessons I’ve Learned
- Don’t give up. If you have something you believe in, whatever it is, don’t give up.
On Writing Success
- A lot of it is just being disciplined, setting aside time to write everyday, and making sure you don’t compromise that time.
On Having Writing Fans
- I want to treat my writing fans with respect. You build your writing career one fan at a time.
My Most Difficult Writing Challenge
- My biggest challenge from the creative side is making sure the characters stay true to character. Not what I would do but what their character would do.
My Most Rewarding Moment as an Author
- For me it’s when other aspiring authors ask for advice. I was helped by many authors who shared their successes. Now I get asked for help and I can help others.
The Best Advice on Writing I Ever Received
- Jonathan Maberry told me writers should always help other writers. I always try to help others.
My Best Advice for Struggling Writers
- You have to be your own biggest fan. If you believe in your story, just go for it. Don’t worry about what someone else thinks. Keep pressing forward.
What Writing Success Means to Me
- It’s to have a impact and a legacy. It’s about influencing and inspiring the next generation.
My Favorite Book on Writing
The Author That Inspires Me
- Og Mandino‘s book, The Choice, was an inspiration to me.
How To Find Me
- Ammar’s website
- Ammar’s newsletter
- Ammar’s blog
- Ammar’s Facebook page
- Ammar’s Twitter page
- Ammar’s Instagram page
- Ammar’s Goodreads page
About Ammar from His Amazon Author’s page
- Ammar is an award-winning & bestselling author originally from Lake Jackson, Texas. Writing has always been a passion of Ammar’s since he was in elementary school. Ammar enjoys crafting stories that are not only entertaining, but also have something useful to say to the reader. Ammar presently resides in his hometown. He lives with his family, all of whom are his biggest fans.
From My Perspective
- In the show’s From My Perspective segment, I talk about ways we can promote our writing and books, including in podcasts and blogs.
We’d Love to Hear Your Comments or Questions on this Podcast
We invite you to send us a comment or question on this episode. Please use the comment form at the bottom of this blog post to send us a message. Thank you.
Got a Minute? Rate the Podcast.
We hope this episode has inspired you and helped to ignite your writing. That’s our goal. If you have been helped by this interview, could you share your experience?
The best way to do that is to leave a rating and review at iTunes. You can also leave a rating and review in Stitcher. A one or two sentence review, along with a rating, will help others find the Writers & Authors on Fire podcast more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience. Your rating and review helps promote the podcast to new listeners, writers, and authors as they search for new podcasts to experience. Honest reviews are appreciated. Thank you for your support.
Want More of Writers & Authors on Fire?
A new Writers & Authors on Fire episode will be released every Tuesday morning. As our audience grows and we do more interviews, we hope to release two new episodes a week. That’s a great reason to subscribe now. You can subscribe at iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast directory:
Because disclosures are necessary, each book link uses my Amazon affiliate code so I earn a small commission on whatever you purchase after clicking on the link. This helps fund the website and podcast. Thank you for your support.