Episode 125 – Wayne Kurtz has authored several books about the niche sport of ultra endurance triathlons.
Wayne’s First Interview – Here’s the link to Wayne’s first interview back in March, 2016.
- Wayne Kurtz is an ultra endurance triathlete who has written several books on the topic. His new book is It’s All About the DECA: Fearless Exploration Through 1,406 miles. A DECA is 10 ironman length races, swimming, cycling, and running, typically done in 10 days. Wayne loves goals and journals daily. In the interview we talk about goals, fitness, the question of ‘why do these’, identifying your audience, and the writing process. It’s a great example of how having passion for life can lead to multiple and successful books on a topic.
- It’s All About the DECA: Fearless Exploration Through 1,406 miles
- Beyond The Iron
- Stronger Than Iron
- Never Have to Say, I Wish I Had – 30 Days to Goal Achievement
- Fitness has to be fun and enjoyable. It’s a lot easier when you are in a group.
My Writing Motivation
- I’m not a great writer but I love to write. I hope I can educate a few folks to try something.
My Most Difficult Writing Challenge
- I did interviews with athletes whose primary language was not English. They spoke English they way they write it so we had to change the grammar without changing the message.
My Most Rewarding Moment as an Author
- It’s when I get the email or message that someone has given the book to a son or daughter as a motivation that anything is possible. It’s also when I see people trying a DECA and succeeding.
The Question of Why
- Why do these? It’s the challenge of being able to persist under circumstances that change constantly, both positively and negatively. It’s related to all of life – can I get through it?
- Discipline, Endurance, Constancy and Attitude are the four typical mindsets required to finish a DECA.
How to Write
- Always write from your heart and the way you speak.
My Best Advice for Struggling Writers
- Just get moving and try it. Put together a simple, basic plan and choose something you really love. It’s easier to write about something you love. And start writing a blog to get into writing all the time.
How To Find Me
- Wayne’s website
- Wayne’s Chief Goals Office website
- Wayne’s Facebook page
- Wayne’s Twitter page
- Wayne’s YouTube page
- Wayne’s Instragram page
- Wayne’s Google page
About Wayne from His Amazon Author’s page
- Wayne Kurtz is passionate about goals and the lifetime benefits of endurance sports.
- Wayne has a BS degree in finance and math from Robert Morris University and a Master’s degree in taxation from Duquesne University. He also earned a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation from The College of Financial Planning. Wayne is an accomplished global speaker on tax, finance and alternative investments. His Master’s Thesis on “The Tax Aspects of Life Insurance” was a national award winner by the US Tax Fraternity/Deloitte along with publication in several tax journals. Wayne has taught finance and tax courses as adjunct faculty at The University of Pittsburgh and Robert Morris University.
- He is a 31-year passionate endurance athlete and founder of The Rhodes Marathon. He is the author of “Beyond The Iron”, “Never Have to Say, I Wish I Had – 30 Days to Goal Achievement”, and “Stronger Than Iron” (the story of the Guinness World record Triple Ironman event in Lake Garda, Italy). He is the founder of the non-profit organization, Run for Books Inc., (child literacy and speaking).
From My Perspective
- The From My Perspective segment of the show looks at an article from Wired online about Can Amazon Change Books? and what it means for us as authors.
We’d Love to Hear Your Comments or Questions on this Podcast
We invite you to send us a comment or question on this episode. Please use the comment form at the bottom of this blog post to send us a message. Thank you.
Got a Minute? Rate the Podcast.
We hope this episode has inspired you and helped to ignite your writing. That’s our goal. If you have been helped by this interview, could you share your experience?
The best way to do that is to leave a rating and review at iTunes. You can also leave a rating and review in Stitcher. A one or two sentence review, along with a rating, will help others find the Writers & Authors on Fire podcast more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience. Your rating and review helps promote the podcast to new listeners, writers, and authors as they search for new podcasts to experience. Honest reviews are appreciated. Thank you for your support.
Want More of Writers & Authors on Fire?
A new Writers & Authors on Fire episode will be released every Tuesday morning. As our audience grows and we do more interviews, we hope to release two new episodes a week. That’s a great reason to subscribe now. You can subscribe at iTunes, Stitcher or your favorite podcast directory:
Because disclosures are necessary, each book link uses my Amazon affiliate code so I earn a small commission on whatever you purchase after clicking on the link. This helps fund the website and podcast. Thank you for your support.