Resources Recommended by Our Guests
- Amazon’s Scout program for authors. Recommended by LoraLee Kodzo.
- Hiveword, an online fiction writing organizer.
- IMindMap for mind mapping your ideas. Recommended by Dave Jaworski.
- National Novel Writing Month. Recommended by Hope Squires.
- Pages for Mac – A great page layout program for writing, building newsletters, brochures, business cards, and more. Writing software recommended by Amy Hauser and Deborah Raney.
- Scrivener – Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. Scrivener was recommended by several guests.
- smqueue, a new way to do social media.
- Margie Lawson’s Lecture Packets and EDITS System recommended by Angela Breidenbach.
- The Coffitivity app for background noise like a coffee shop. Recommended by LoraLee Kodzo.
- Pinterest – for images to build character sketches. Recommended by Lara Van Hulzen.
- Social Media Tools – Use the Hootsuite app (free + cost) to schedule your Twitter Tweets throughout the day. ReFollow (cost) allows you to follow other prople’s followers. Then ManageFlitter (free + cost) allows you to unfollow those that aren’t following you back, that don’t speak English, and that are fake accounts. Recommended by Terry Whalin.
- Shana Schutte’s LifeSpan Fitness treadmill desk.
- Word Weavers International is a forum for Christian writers to critique each other’s work to learn about and improve their craft.